Jsf is provided with core tag library which has lot of tags that can be used to create UI(Jsp/XHTML).
To use the same in JSP:
<%@ taglib prefix="f" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" %>
To use the same in xhtml:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" />
List of Core Tags:
1. actionListener: When user click on a buttong or link component, this particuler event will get fired and listener will get executed.
2. attribute : It is used to add attribute to its parent UIComponent.
3. convertDateTime: Converts a String into a Date of desired format.
4. convertNumber: Converts a String into a Number of desired format.
5. converter: In Jsf we can create our own converter by implementing Converter interface. And we need to override two of its methods: getAsObject and getAsString. This tag is used to register a custom converter.
6. ajax: It is used to implement AJAX behaviour on JSF UI Component.
7. event: It is used to add event on the page like preRenderViewEvent,postValidate etc.
8. facet: It is used to add distinct element with the parent UIComponent.
metadata: It is used to declare the metadata for a view which must be a child of
10 loadBundle: It is used for loading a resource bundle.
11 param: It is used for adding a child UIParameter component for the UIComponent which is closely linked with the parent UIComponent.
12. viewParam: It is used inside the view metadata facet to define the UIViewParameter in your view.
13 phaseListener: It is used to register the instance of PhaseListener to the UIVewRoot into which this tag is nested.
14. selectItems: It is used to add elements to select list(selectOneMenu).
15. selectItem: It is used to add element to select list(selectOneMenu).
16. setPropertyActionListener: It is used to register an ActionListener instance for the UIComponent. An instance of this listener is registered when a "value" attribute has been assigned a value and this value is set into the ValueExpression given by the "target" attribute.
17. subview: It specifies the container action on all the JSF core and custom component actions in nested page.
18. validateLength: Validates length of a string.
19. validateLongRange: Validates range of numeric value.
20. validateDoubleRange: Validates range of float value.
21. validateRegex: Validate JSF component with a given regular expression.
22. validateBean: It is used to validate the local value to the Bean validation API.
23 validateRequired : It is used to validate the presence of the required attribute value to true.
24. validator: It is used to register a custom validator with the UI Component.
25. valueChangeListener: When user interact with any input UI component this particuler event will get fired and specified listener will get executed.
26. view : It is specified as a container for all JSF core and custom component actions that are used on page.